Thursday, October 17, 2013

Rest Your Feet

Hello, how are you?  Are you tired and need a place to rest your weary feet?
Drawer ottoman http://bec4-beyondthepicketfence.blogspot.com/2013/10/rest-your-feet.html
How about a cute little ottoman or stool to rest them on?  I know I have shown different versions of these.  They really are quick and easy to make.

Pick up a sturdy, lonely drawer at a thrift store or Habitat Re-store and add some legs--4x4's are sturdy and work well. I always glue them in place first with wood glue and wait for that to dry. I then flip it over and use three screws for each leg to attach them, screwing from the inside.
Drawer ottoman http://bec4-beyondthepicketfence.blogspot.com/2013/10/rest-your-feet.html
I make a top from plywood and use 2x4's on the inside so the lid doesn't slide around.  A little batting and some fabric stapled to the top,
Drawer ottoman http://bec4-beyondthepicketfence.blogspot.com/2013/10/rest-your-feet.html
and a handle painted in a fun blue finish up this easy foot rest/ ottoman/ perch/ stool.
Whatever you choose to call it, it is easy to make and something that not only has some storage, but also gives tired feet and legs a break is a plus in my book!
Drawer ottoman http://bec4-beyondthepicketfence.blogspot.com/2013/10/rest-your-feet.html

11 comments:

  1. I just love the fabric you used on this ottoman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing. I was at Target this afternoon looking for an ottoman. 2 things. Expensive and ugly. This is adorable. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great. Love the idea. :) Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my word. sometimes you amaze me. Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I love the bright color of the handle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! This is a great idea - I love it! I have an old dresser and have been looking for ideas for to use the drawers and THIS is the best idea I've seen. I will try this. Thank you! Julia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Luv this
    My favorite place to find old furniture for my projects is the re.store

    ReplyDelete
  8. What is the name and manufacturer of this fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the fabric!! I made a couple of pillows with the same fabric. Now I can't find anymore of it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Muy buena la idea para aprovechar u viejo cajon me encanta

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your kind words!